So when Tara asked me about white flats, I didn’t mind doing a little digging. Here’s a quick-and-hopefully-not-too-dirty half-dozen:
- Two cuties with eyelet-like cut-outs bypass the geriatric vibe of some white flats– the What’s What Guacamole (by Aerosoles, of which I am a fan) for exactly $30.00, and the BC Footwear Lattitude (sic) for just $17.29 (limited sizes).
- The chic Dionne flat from Chinese Laundry is just $20.98. I’ve had decent luck with Chinese Laundry, but this style apparently runs small– order a half-size larger and you should be good.
- The Clarks Jetta ($26.33) and Aerosoles Mr. Softee ($26.91) are cute, comfy no-frills casuals– perfect for a pedestrian commute.
- These AK Anne Klein Rossow flats might just be the perfect white flats for $30.85. I love the little bow and the style– a cross between a ballet flat and a skimmer, topped with a bow. I just wish it came in a greater range of sizes (Endless.com only has it in 8, 8.5 and 10). At this price, I also found it at Overstock.com in a 7.5, but outside of that, you might need to check eBay or pay an extra $20.
- Total bonus! Not exactly white, but a skin that’s right on trend– these Kenneth Cole Reaction Roam-an skimmers are a pretty pearl that I can really see going places ($29.90).
That’s it! Unless, of course, you have suggestions of your own…